Venue: Houston International Table Tennis Academy (HITTA)
510 S Mason Road, Katy, Texas 77450
Date: Saturday, February 18, 2023
Registration fee: $25 per person (including lunch and drinks). Registration fee by cash or check (Payto SPA)
Registration deadline: February 11, 2023, subject to receipt of the registration fee
Organizer: Sino Professional Association (www.sinoprofessionals.org )
Co-organizer: Houston International Table Tennis Academy (www.hittacademy.com )
1. Grouping: The tournament is divided into Group A (advanced), Group B (intermediate), Group C (beginner) and women’s group according to the overall level of the participating teams. Each team is composed of 3-4 players, regardless of age or gender except women’s group all players are women. Each team can has only one player with USATT rating more than 2200, and the total rating of the top three athletes shall not exceed 6300 (Group A)/5500 (Group B)/4800 (Group C). Rating cut-off date 1/6/2023. Seeding cut-off date 2/15/2023. Those who do not have USATT rating will be assigned a rating by the tournament committee according to their actual level. A player can only sign up for one team. If there are less than 4 teams in the women’s group, they will be divided into groups A, B, and C accordingly.
2. Schedule: The team match is 4 singles and 1 doubles match: single, single, double, single, single. The team wins three sets wins. Each person is limited to two singles or one single and double. Player rosters cannot be changed after the registration deadline.
The proposed limit is 8 teams in each group. The first round is a round robin (RR), and the rest are single elimination (SE); In the SE round, the first place in the group matches the second place in the other group, and the winners will enter the semi-finals; two teams from the winners of the semi-finals will advance to the final, and the remaining two teams will compete for the third place.
The match sequence is first two sets of singles, then one set of doubles, and finally two sets of singles. It is best of five games. After drawing lots to determine the home and guest teams before the game, the home team decides ABC, and the guest team decides XYZ, which cannot be changed. According to the regulations of the ITTF, the third player must play doubles, match order: the first match A vs X, the second match B vs Y, the third match A+C vs X+Z, the fourth match B vs Z, the fifth match C vs Y.
3. Award: the top three teams in Group A will be awarded prizes (the first, second and third team will receive $200, $150 and $120 respectively) and 3 winning trophies; the top three teams in Group B will be awarded prizes (the first, second and third teams will each receive $100, $80 and $60) and 3 winning trophies; the top three teams in Group C will be awarded 3 winning trophies; the top three teams in the women’s group will be awarded prizes (the first, second and third team will receive $60, $50 and $40) and 3 winning trophies.
Others: If the field allows, two games can be played between the two teams at the same time (by mutual agreement). Violations during the game, such as serving and throwing the ball not high enough, if the players does not correct after two proposals, the opponent has the right to ask an umpire for the match.
4. Tournament ball: Nittaku 3 star premium 40+
5. This tournament is not a USATT sanctioned and will not affect USATT ratings. The organizing committee has the right to interpret the tournament rules.
6. Each team must designate a captain. The captain is responsible for registration, payment, filling out the waiver form, passing on the tournament matters, etc. The team captain must provide email address and mobile phone number. The team registration and waiver form are as follows:
7. The organizing committee has the final decision on the matters related to this tournament.
Ning Cheng firstname.lastname@example.org (713) 498-5859
James Wang email@example.com (281) 323-5062
Hua Gu firstname.lastname@example.org (832) 573-0903
HITTA: Manny Velazquez email@example.com (713) 737-5310
HITTA: Chong Pang firstname.lastname@example.org (408)390-7384